Nepal Stall at FITUR : FITUR ( International Tourism Trade Fair ) kicked off today ( January 28 , 2015)…
The Leshan Giant Buddha is a statue of Maitreya in sitting posture. The Buddha is located to the east of…
Beautiful lake in Myanmar - Novotel
Cubans in Havana have broadly welcomed the thaw in relations with the US
Newly crowned Miss Universe 2014, Paulina Vega from Colombia. Paulina was crowned on January 25, 2015 in Doral-Miami at the…
KIEV: Ukrainian troops and pro-Russian rebels are exchanging heavy tank and artillery fire in and around Debaltseve, a strategic town in eastern Ukraine. Many civilians remain trapped in Debaltseve, while others including people with shrapnel wounds have managed to reach the town of Artemivsk.Russian media say shellfire has killed seven people in the city of Donetsk.
ISLAMABAD: At least 40 people were killed and over 50 others injured as a blast hit a Shia Mosque in Pakistan's southern district of Shikarpur on Friday afternoon. Dozens were wounded in the attack after Friday prayers in Shikarpur district of Sindh province, and the death toll is expected to rise.Sunni militants linked to the Pakistani Taliban said they carried out the attack.
ARISH : The death toll of Thursday's mortar attacks that targeted security premises in Egypt's North Sinai province rose to 33.Massive attacks using car-bombs and mortar shells targeted security premises in Arish and left tens killed and dozens injured on Thursday .- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Greetings on the occasion of
International Mountain Day
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News