Newly-independent and non-aligned nations first gathered to assert principles of international economic and political engagement in the Bandung Conference in…
Thousands of tourists visit Elora Cave in Maharastra state of India every day.
Popular Kissing rocks at Halong Bay in Vietnam
A tourist attraction - Mandalay in Myanmar
Bikini models walking in heels along 2000m high boardwalk at a beauty contest held in Henan province of China.
WORLD NEWS ---
New York: Switzerland topped the third annual World Happiness index produced by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), an initiative under the United Nations.It was closely followed by Iceland, Denmark, Norway and Canada. Togo, Burundi, Benin, Rwanda and Syria were least happy.The World Happiness Report examined 158 countries and is aimed at influencing government policy.
Bangdung : Some 100 Asian and African nations and international organizations participated in a highly symbolic stroll to commemorate the historic 1955 Bandung Conference.The leaders attended the commemoration for the 1955 Asian-African Conference, an address by Indonesian President Joko Widodo and statements by regional representatives and observers.
Brussels: European leaders agreed to reinforce the Joint Operations the Mediterranean by increasing the financial resources at the extraordinary summit on migratory pressures. - Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News