The 18th SAARC Summit began in Kathmandu on Wednesday (Nov. 26, 2014). Heads of State and Government from eight SAARC…
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagging off Kathmandu-Delhi Passenger Bus Service 'Pashupatinath Express' in Kathmandu ( Nov. 25 , 2014…
Discover one of the most spectacular diving locations in the world, located in the same time zone as Hawaii and…
If you've ever visited Japan and fallen in love with its beauty and culture, prepare to be swept off your…
Xitang is a famous town with thousands of years of history, lying in Jiashan County in Jiaxing City of Zhejiang…
KATHMANDU: The 18th SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) Summit began here today with participation of eight Heads of States / Governments of South Asia. SAARC leaders are scheduled to visit Dhulikhel for a retreat on Thursday. The two - day summit will issue a Kathmandu Declaration during closing ceremony of the Summit.
FERGUSON: A dozen US cities have seen new protests over the decision not to charge a white policeman who shot a black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri. Demonstrations from New York to Seattle were mostly peaceful but rioting broke out in Oakland, California. The Officer Darren Wilson shot the 18-year-old Michael Brown on 9 August.
RAQA: At least 95 people were killed in Syrian regime air strikes on the Islamic State group's self-proclaimed capital Raqa .
MANILA: The head of the Asian Development Bank Takehiko Nakao said he is ready to work with AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank) proposed by China, despite fears it could undermine his institution. - Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
AFRICA : 56 m tourists in 2013
Africa has been one of the fastest growing tourism regions of the last decade, totaling 56 million international tourist arrivals last year up from 26 million in 2000. UNWTO forecasts this number to reach 134 million by 2030. In 2013, tourism generated US$ 34 billion in exports in Africa (7% of all exports in the region) up from US$ 10 billion in 2000.
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News