Bangkok: Thousands of smiley-faced balloons were released into the skies above Bangkok as inviting symbols of friendship to entice travellers…
Twenty-five years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, the European Union is turning the Iron Curtain into a 4,225-mile…
On July 24, 1911, American explorer Hiram Bingham discovered the remains of the Incan city Machu Picchu. Located high in…
People practice Yoga during a seaside bikini festival on Wuzhizhou Island of Sanya, south China's Hainan Province.
Khiri Travel has won the 2014 PATA Grand Award for Heritage and Culture for its Banteay Chhmar Tented Camp initiative…
CONAKRY : At least 24 people have died in a stampede at a beach concert in Conakry, the capital of Guinea, to mark the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.The President's office has declared a week of national mourning after what it called a tragic drama at a concert by the Guinean rap group Instinct Killers.
BENGHAZI : A special forces base in the Libyan city of Benghazi has been seized by militias, fighters and officials say.The site was captured by Islamist-led militias after days of fighting in the eastern city. Meanwhile, Italy has offered to help extinguish a huge blaze that has engulfed the biggest fuel depot in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
WASHINGTON : US President Barack Obama has announced new economic sanctions against Russia, saying they will make Russia's economy even weaker.He said the co-ordinated actions of the US and European Union would have an even bigger bite on Russia's economy.- BBC / Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
AFRICA : 56 m tourists in 2013
Africa has been one of the fastest growing tourism regions of the last decade, totaling 56 million international tourist arrivals last year up from 26 million in 2000. UNWTO forecasts this number to reach 134 million by 2030. In 2013, tourism generated US$ 34 billion in exports in Africa (7% of all exports in the region) up from US$ 10 billion in 2000.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
FACTS : International Tourism
* International tourist arrivals (overnight visitors) grew by 5% worldwide in 2013, reaching a record 1087 million arrivals, after topping the 1 billion mark in 2012.
* International tourism receipts reached US$ 1159 billion worldwide in 2013, up from US$ 1078 billion in 2012.
* Asia and the Pacific recorded the fastest growth with international arrivals 248 million.
* Europe welcomed 29 million more international tourists in 2013,raising the total to 563 million.
* In the Americas, international arrivals grew to 168 million,Africa welcomed 56 million tourists. The Middle East (0%) has not yet succeeded in returning to growth
* China has consolidated its position as the number one tourism source market in the world, spending US$ 129 billion on international tourism.
*Forecasts in 2014 point to growth of 4% to 4.5% in international tourist arrivals in 2014 .Source: UNWTO
China International Travel Mart
November 13-16 ,2014 Shanghai, PRC
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News