Visitors in Disneyland in Hong Kong explore a magical kingdom inspired by fairy-tale dreams and 7 lands—Adventureland, Grizzly Gulch, Mystic…
Catwalk or Skycats of the Scandinavian Aerobatic Team leave a trail of Indian tri-colour smoke as they perform aerobatics during…
A record-breaking cantilever bridge was completed in Yunyang, Chongqing , China recetly. The bridge, paved with glass, is hanging 718…
Stockholm , Sweden
Chinese investors have bought a tropical island resort off the east coast of northern Australia for $30 million, local media…
NewJersey : Microsoft founder Bill Gates has been declared the richest man in the world for the 16th time by Forbes magazine's annual ranking of global billionaires.Gates' net worth rose by over $3bn in the year to 13 February, to $79bn.There are a record 1,826 billionaires in the world, an increase of 181 in the past 12 months.
Baghdad:Iraq has launched a military operation to recapture Tikrit, the hometown of former leader Saddam Hussein, from Islamic State (IS) and its allies.Fighting is reported in towns to the north and south of Tikrit.
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry has accused pro-Russia separatists of a piecemeal approach to the ceasefire agreement for eastern Ukraine.Meanwhile Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said there had been tangible progress with the truce.- Agencies
TravelBizNews.com builds your business network
Global Tourism News
FACTS - World Tourism
- International visitor arrivals (IVAs) into the Asia Pacific region rose from 226 million for the first period of 2013 to just over 238 million for the first period of 2014.The Americas showed the strongest percentage increase of more than eight percent for the first period of 2014, while Asia led the pack with an incremental increase of 8.3 million in arrivals.
- China now ranks seventh in the number of annual visitors to the United States, having set records in 2013 for both arrivals (1.8 million) and spending ($21 billion).The China market alone supports more than 100,000 U.S. jobs. China is the fastest-growing source of travel into the United States, increasing from 320,000 visitors in 2006 to a projected 4.3 million in 2018.
- China has signed mutual visa exemption agreements with nearly 90 countries and reached 53 visa simplification agreements with 39 countries.A total of 37countries and regions have agreed to grant Chinese citizens visas on arrival, while eight countries and regions unilaterally allow Chinese citizens to enter without a visa.
Hill Forts, Rajasthan, India UNESCO/WHC
- Al Zubarah Archaeological Site
- Ancient City of Tauric Chersonese and its Chora
- Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
- Cultural Landscape of Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Fujisan, sacred place and source of artistic inspiration
- Golestan Palace
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Historic Centre of Agadez
- Historic Monuments and Sites in Kaesong
- Levuka Historical Port Town
- Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany
- Red Bay Basque Whaling Station
- University of Coimbra – Alta and Sofia
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine
- El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve
- Mount Etna
- Namib Sand Sea
- Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs)
- Xinjiang Tianshan
- Wieliczka and Bochnia Royal Salt Mines
- Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest
- Maloti-Drakensberg Park Source: UNESCO/ WHC
Stay updated with news and views
Window of World Tourism News